MY CAREER PLAN
Making a career plan is a matter of matching your skills and interests to an occupation to create a career goal, and then deciding the steps you need to take to reach that goal. Here’s a sample:
To become a civil engineer. To design, plan, and supervise the construction of buildings, highways, and rapid transit systems.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Analytical mind
- Capacity for detail
- Presentation skills
- Writing skills.
- Knowledge of physical sciences and mathematics
- Accreditation by Licensing Board.
- Summer worker for Smith Construction Co.
- High School mathematics courses
- High School science courses
- Experience working as a team
- Attended high school writing courses
- Gave presentations in high school courses
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Attend the University of Texas School of Engineering
- Job Experience
- Continue working for Smith Construction Co.
- Seek internships through University career placement office
- Join campus organizations for engineering students