Click each step to learn the best way to achieve success
- Have a Kentucky address.
- Be at least 16 years old and have been withdrawn from school for at least 90 days.
- Pass the Official Practice Test.
- Adult education centers in every Kentucky county offer free classes.
- The adult education centers can also help get you started so you can study at home through KET's GED® Connection .
- There are also online classes available.
Click here for helpful study strategies for adult learners.
Passing your GED® test requires:
1) A total score of at least 2250 on all five tests combined.
2) No individual test score below 410.
If you do not pass, you can study some more and take the test again - up to three times within a calendar year.